Welcome All!

Started by plasmacannon, April 24, 2011, 01:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elbarethon

Yes thanks for the possibility to see the other topics ;)

Lg
Elbarethon
You lost fleet? Use one bigger fleet!

Buccaneer

Greetings from the past  8)

90dug

Quote from: Buccaneer on November 18, 2012, 01:32:28 AM
Greetings from the past  8)

Welcome you should be able to see your own embassy. i have put you under Nemo for now

Kahn1

Greetings Astrowarians, SJ.s:
  I wanted to give a quick Howdie and introduce my self as I am very interested in joining this alliance. I have only participated in one previous round, under this user-name and that was beta-7; I know, millennia ago. Yes, my spelling leaves a bit to be desired and I trust it won't be held against me. I do have much more experience under the name of Sidewinder; 6 rounds to be exact, all of which were between beta-7 and gold-8, many moons ago, as well. After Gold-8 there were many outside interests and responsibilities such, that I could not give Astro Wars and my fellow players the time needed.
  I received the current game's announcement and having a little more extra time, at present, decided to indulge. I'm glad I did and found that I had missed it. With a couple of exceptions I have mostly been a "solo-player", and although I found that method very enjoyable, as I'm sure you're all well aware, "cannon-fodder/fresh-meat" does not last very long. Also, the few experiences that I had as an alliance member were also very rewarding.
  I do have one quick question. What is the purpose of having one's own "Embassy"? I would greatly appreciate if someone would give me a full explanation of the whole embassy concept.
  My humblest apologies if I have been a bit long-winded. Weather you grant me admission or not, best of luck to all in this, as well as, all of the future Astor Wars rounds. If any of you have any questions of me, feel free to fire away..

Kahn1

It is best to remain silent and thought a fool than speak up, and remove all doubt.

Naff

Hello!

Have not much time at the moment. But embassy is a special place where only one alliance / solo player and SJ has access.
So you can talk there in private. I just created one for you.
See you there, Naff
B7: solo --- B8-G24: SJ/SJMA/holidays --- G25: BLA --- G26-G33: SJ

Kahn1

Naff, my sincerest gratitude. And time to celebrate! I have now logged in twice and posted twice without "screwin' the pooch", minor miracle, for me. :-) I will check out the Embassy and attempt to glean what's what. Thanx again.

Kahn1
It is best to remain silent and thought a fool than speak up, and remove all doubt.

Naff

Kahn1

I'm totally lost, {not unusual for me, at all},  regarding the embassy item; other than the "Request an Embassy" with only one current post in it, I can find no reference to embassy what so ever and you said that "you created one for me." What am I missing? I suppose that at this point I need to assure you that your time will not be totally wasted; once I learn something I got it forever.
Now, everyone is thinkin', "yea, right"..

Naff

I don't know why, but it seems your accout is something special...
Please take a look now.

Kahn1

I must be doin' something wrong; either that or as my wife has, on numerous occasions, accused me, I'm goin' blind. All I see and can choose from is: "Forum Rules" "Hello - Board" and "General Offtopic." I don't even see "Embassy Requests", anymore.
I have completely enabled scripts for the entire forum so that's not the problem.
   I'd be willing to bet that in no time, in the past, has any user been one half as much of a pain in the ass as I have been; just wait, the night is young..

Regards,
   Kahn1

Kahn1

^^^^ Please disregard all of the above and chalk it up as a member who is not only blind but stupid as well. ^^^^
I wish I had an excuse like I was distracted by the six naked dancing girls, a guy offering free multiple gaming rigs, or some such. Even those two would not totally justify but, at least, I'd feel a bit better about it.. Humblest apologies.

Regards,
   Kahn1

pmonk66

Space Junkies - I heard of them  :P

Zigzag1

Hello Space Junkies

Thanks for the invite and the embassy. I have played several rounds in the past with various alliances (though none seem to be still active!), so I have a early good understanding of the game.

Looking forward to this round, and possibly joining you. If you want to know anything else, just let me know.

Zigzag

90dug

Lukk

Hi everyone

I used to play Astrowars almost sice the begining. I'v played several rounds in various alliances. Now after long brake I start again this round. I thing I know basics of the game and tactic very well. I would like to play this round with you :)

Lukk